1. Check Deposits
2.Submission of Time for Secretarial/Clerical Employees
3. Retro Student Payments
2. SUBMISSION OF TIME FOR SECRETARIAL/CLERICAL EMPLOYEES
There have been questions regarding the submission of hours for the secretarial/clerical employees. The guidelines below should clarify the process.
The following process should be followed when submitting time for anyone in the secretarial/clerical group:
- Regularly scheduled hours should be submitted by the employee on Time and Time Off Recording
- Hours worked more than the regularly scheduled hours but less than 40 hours are paid at straight time and should be submitted as OTS on the Additional Hourly Earnings Form
- Overtime hours exceeding 40 hours should be submitted as OTH on the Additional Hourly Earnings Form.
Submit the same number of hours on the Additional Hourly Earnings Form as OTH
**Overtime hours will be charged to the department. OTS and OTH should not be submitted with the employee’s normal position number. Also, shift differential normally paid at $1.00(SD1) or $2.00(SD2) should not be charged to the primary position number. If you are unsure what position number to use for overtime or shift differential, please contact your fiscal manager or email@example.com.
3. RETRO STUDENT PAYMENTS
Departments are responsible for submitting time for students on a timely basis because Connecticut state statutes require that all wages earned during a weekly pay period shall be paid within 8 days. The submission of time is due by Monday at noon for hours worked the prior week with the exception of special holiday payroll schedules. Hours submitted retroactively should be on an exception basis only and must be entered on the Retro Student Time panels. Retro earnings will not be eligible for federal work study. Because students are allocated a work study award per semester and award earnings are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, allowing work study on retro earnings would make it difficult for employers to track eligibility. Please impress upon the student workers that it is their responsibility to submit their hours promptly so that the time reporters can report them accurately to payroll. Failure by the students to comply may result in termination of their employment.
4. ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
Wesleyan’s net 30 payment terms determines when a payment is made. This is 30 days from the invoice date that you put in the voucher. If a payment needs to be made prior to the 30 days, please follow these instructions when completing a voucher.
In the Instruction for AP field type DD (For Due Date) followed by the six digit date that the check is needed by.
**Important-Please make sure that this is typed before any other information in this field since our AP inbox only picks up the first 15 characters of this field.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in adhering to our processing schedule. Please contact Tamara Harley at extension #2843 or Janet Gyurits at extension #2842 with any questions.
Ikon Office Solutions ~ Copiers
Tanya Sweeney will be visiting your departments in the near future to inquire information about your copier needs. This visit should not take more than 15 minutes, but it is important to right size the next fleet of copiers. Permission to contact Administrative Assistants directly for an appointment has been approved.
Patti Biss has been with Sanditz Travel for 15 years and will be retiring at the end of October. She was assigned the Wesleyan account shortly after she started her work with Sanditz. Patti has been a great asset to all who have used her services and will be greatly missed. We all wish Patti the best for her retirement!
In the interim, please contact Susan Schiavone or Henry Wrotniak for any questions or concerns you may have. Both may be reached at 860-346-5522 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com .
PCard Download dates are as follows:
STATEMENT MONTH POST DATES DOWNLOAD DATE/VOUCHERS AVAILABLE
OCTOBER 2010 9/21-10/20 10/22/2010
NOVEMBER 2010 10/21-11/20 11/23/2010
DECEMBER 2010 11/21-12/20 12/22/2010
Reminder that vouchers are now automatically budget checked during the download process. If you edit Smartkeys/Accounts you will need to Budget Check again. You still need to go in, attach receipts, document business purpose and submit for approval by the deadlines.
- Please reallocate all Pcard transactions prior to submitting your Pcard voucher
- If a SmartKey needs to be changed prior to Finance Approval, contact pending approver to coordinate voucher edit.
- Journal vouchers related to a Pcard voucher should not be processed unless the Pcard voucher has been fully approved by the Finance Office.
WHEN RECONCILING YOUR VOUCHER
- Please do not edit your PCard Invoice Number.
- Be sure to attach an itemized receipt/invoice to your voucher
- Include a University business purpose for all charges on your voucher.
OTHER PCARD REMINDERS:
- Accessing you PCard Voucher in WFS – to access your PCard voucher, search on Invoice ID by entering cardholder’s email username. Note, if you did not have activity during the billing cycle, no voucher is created in WFS and no submission is required.
- Credit Limit – credit limits refresh at midnight on the 20th of each month. If the 20th falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, credit limit refreshes at midnight of the previous business day.
- Business Purpose Requirement – all PCard charges require a description of business purpose.
- Receipt Requirement – all PCard charges require an itemized receipt, unless otherwise indicated by the University’s Travel and Other Expense Policy. For audit purposes, if missing a receipt, please indicate “NR” in the description field of your PCard voucher and provide a detailed business description for the charge. Per PCard policy, “Any charge not supported by a receipt is subject to personal reimbursement by the cardholder. Consistent missing receipts will result in the suspension of cardholder privileges or permanent cancellation of the card.”
- Cash Advances – if available, cardholders should use the cash advance feature on their card for minimal out of pocket travel expenses. Travelers must include an itemized summary of expenses, including supporting documentation, for the full amount of all cash advances taken. Any unused funds must be deposited back to the cardholder’s default SmartKey/Account 82450.
- No Splitting transactions – splitting transactions to avoid the single transaction limit is prohibited per Pcard Policy. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request changes in your monthly and/or single transaction limit. CC your credit card supervisor and Fiscal Manager. Permanent credit limit increases require an active email request from your Fiscal Manager.
All Pcard vouchers are due 30 days after each billing period end date. All September vouchers should be reconciled and submitted by October 20th.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.
For immediate assistance with your JPMorgan Purchasing Card, call the 24 hour Customer Service number on the back of your card (800)316-6056 or (847)488-3748 outside the U.S.
7. WHO TO CONTACT
Please save these sites as favorites for quick answers to questions you might have.
Finance Office Website http://www.wesleyan.edu/finance/financeDept/
Finance Monthly Blog http://financemonthly.blogs.wesleyn.edu
New Financial System Blog http://wfs.blogs.wesleyan.edu/
Contact Information http://www.wesleyan.edu/finance/misc/contactInformation/
SUBMISSIONS FOR FINANCE MONTHLY
What topics would you like to see included in this monthly communication? Do you have a system tip you’d like to share? Finance Monthly will be e-mailed on a monthly basis. Items for inclusion are due five business days before the end of each month and can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org