1. Year End – It’s two weeks away!
2. Accounts Payable – July 1 through July 3
1.YEAR END – It’s two weeks away!
Change to the Year End Memo – Section 4 currently reads “Vouchers for goods received, work performed, or travel during the month of June must be approved by Friday, June 28 at 3:00 pm.” Due to the half day on Friday as part of University Summer Hours, the 3:00 deadline is being changed to 10:00 on Friday, June 28.
- Workflow – Check your approval inbox daily and act on all documents. Be sure to set a proxy if you are out of the office. Monitor the status of unprocessed documents. All budget errors (red lines) need to be fixed by June 28 for vouchers and June 30 for journal entries.
- Payroll Redistributions – June 14 was the last day to request payroll redistributions for May activity. The last day for June payroll redistributions is July 9 at 12:00 noon.
- Are you getting a budget error with a prepaid voucher? Email Susan Pavis at firstname.lastname@example.org with the voucher ID and she will take care of it.
- PCard – June 11 was a special PCard download for charges incurred through June 7. Please attach receipts and submit those vouchers as soon as possible. The next download is scheduled for June 24 for activity through June 20 and the final Fiscal 2013 Pcard download is scheduled for July 3 for activity through June 30.
- Purchase Orders – Please begin reviewing purchase orders (PO) in funds 100, 101, 104 through 124, 140, 160, 210, 601, 602, 651, 652, and 720. Any unused or remaining encumbrances must be closed out by June 30, 2013. Keep this deadline in mind when creating new PO’s as they will not be available in the next fiscal year. Please contact email@example.com to close a PO. The default date for new Purchase Orders will change to Fiscal 14 on Thursday, June 27.
The year-end schedule is available here as well as on the Finance website. If you missed one of the two Year End Seminars that were held, the Powerpoint presentation can be found here. If work is being performed or goods are received prior to June 30 and you have not yet been billed, please request accelerated billing from the vendor so that you can process the payment in the current fiscal year. The more billing and invoice processing we do now, the less accruals we will need. Thank you for all of your efforts in getting expenses in the appropriate fiscal year.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE – July 1 through July 3
There will be no check signing availability July 1 – July 3. All physical checks greater than or equal to $10,000 for the July 3rd check run will not be available for pick up or mailing until after 3:00 on July 8. If you need a physical check (not ACH) greater than or equal to $10,000 prior to July 8 then it needs to be in the Accounts Payable inbox by June 24 at 4pm for the June 28th check run.
Again, this does not impact electronic payments made by ACH (Direct Deposit).