- Workflow – Check your approval inbox daily and act on all documents. Be sure to set a proxy if you are out of the office. Monitor the status of unprocessed documents. All budget errors (red lines) need to be fixed by June 30.
- Payroll Redistributions – June 8 was the last day to request payroll redistributions for May activity. The last day for June payroll redistributions is July 12 at 12:00 noon.
- Prepaid Expenses – Please remember to use account code 13705 for prepaid expenses and include the additional lines on the voucher as detailed in the year end memo.
- PCard – June 12 was a special PCard download for charges incurred through June 8. Please attach receipts and submit those vouchers as soon as possible. The next download is scheduled for June 22 for activity through June 20 and the final fiscal 2018 Pcard download is scheduled for July 3 for activity through June 30.
- Purchase Orders (PO) – Please review open purchase orders. Any unused or remaining encumbrances must be closed out by June 30, 2018 (except for grant funds 501 and 502 and project funds 710 and 730). Keep this deadline in mind when creating new PO’s as they will not be available in the next fiscal year. Please contact email@example.com to close a PO. The default date for new Purchase Orders will change to fiscal 2018 on June 25.
- Accruals – If work is being performed or goods are received prior to June 30 and you have not yet been billed, please request accelerated billing from the vendor so that you can process the payment in the current fiscal year. The more billing and invoice processing we do now, the less accruals we will need (more to come on accruals after June 30).
- Finance Calendar – Don’t forget there is a handy Outlook calendar that will help you keep track of the myriad of dates and deadlines associated with year end processing. Instructions for subscribing can be found here.
The year-end schedule is available here as well as on the Finance website. Thank you for all of your efforts in getting expenses in the appropriate fiscal year.
2. INTERDEPARTMENTAL CHARGES
All interdepartmental chargebacks (including transactions processed via a WFS Interface) need to be processed, and budget errors cleared, by June 30. If you are experiencing a budget error please contact the department and ask them to either provide a new smartkey or add budget to the existing smartkey. The following are exceptions to this timeline and will be processed by July 15 so please plan budgets accordingly:
- Payroll for 6/27 – 6/30
- Pcard charges for 6/21 – 6/30
- June International Calling charges
- June FEDEX CHARGES.
Please let Melanie Messier (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you have interdepartmental chargebacks that will not meet this deadline. Unless there is a specific exception, departments cannot be charged in fiscal 2019 for an activity or service that happened in fiscal 2018.
3. PHYSICAL PLANT BILLABLE RATES
Beginning July 1, 2018, new billing rates will be in effect for all billable services from Physical Plant. These new rates are more closely aligned with actual physical plant labor costs. There are no anticipated changes in policy regarding what is a billable service vs. what is not. Hourly charges are per person. Please see attached for details.
4. JULY 4
On Wednesday, July 4th the University will observe the Independence Day Holiday. Vouchers that need to be processed for Friday, July 6th, must be received in the Accounts Payable inbox no later than Friday, June 29th, at 4:00pm.
Keep in mind that Wesleyan’s net terms determine the payment date. Please contact Tamara Harley at extension #2843 with any questions. Your cooperation is appreciated. Thank you.
Starting June 18th, the Sustainability Office is looking for up to 5 administrative and academic offices looking to participate in the Green Office Certification Program. Get recognized for the sustainability efforts your office is already taking and learn about simple steps to go green! For more information, visit wesleyan.edu/sustainability/involved/engagement/green-office or email email@example.com.
6. PURCHASING PORTAL
The University Finance and Purchasing Offices are excited to announce the implementation of a Purchasing Portal with Unimarket tentatively titled “CTW OneSource”. This project is being done as a collaboration with Trinity College and Connecticut College to build upon the current CTW consortium among the libraries. A Purchasing Portal for Wesleyan will allow end users to shop all of Wesleyan’s preferred vendors and negotiated prices in one place as a “one stop shopping” experience. The Unimarket eProcurement system creates a unified eMarketplace, eInvoicing, Contract Management and Sourcing and Bidding environment. Contract Management is a repository for contracts and templates that allows renewal alerts and facilitates sourcing and bidding collaboration among the three schools that would ideally result in better pricing.
The timeline for this project will be over the summer and fall with an anticipated roll out in January 2019. At this point we are looking for feedback from departments on major suppliers that they use for purchases that they would ideally like to see as a “preferred vendor” in the system. Please send any supplier recommendations to Olga at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More details on this project will be coming soon.
6. PURCHASING NEWS
Please see attached for Purchasing News related to WB Mason, Ricoh and other discounts.