1. Travel Account Code Review
2. PCard Training Available in October
3. Purchasing News
4. Inn at Middletown new reservation email address
1. TRAVEL ACCOUNT CODE REVIEW
The Finance Office is looking to refine the Travel Subgroup of account codes and we are seeking your input. Is there an account code you wish you had in this group that doesn’t currently exist? Are there current accounts that you don’t understand how they are supposed to be used?
The current Travel Account SubGroup is as follows:
84501 – MILEAGE
84505 – AIRFARE
84506 – AIRFARE II
84509 – OTHER TRANSPORTATION
84510 – OTHER TRANSPORTATION II
84511 – UNIVERSITY VEHICLES
84518 – PART TRAVEL – GRANTS ONLY
84520 – LODGING
84521 – LODGING II
84522 – LODGING FOREIGN TRAVEL
84530 – MEALS – TRAVEL
84531 – MEALS II
84533 – MEALS – FOREIGN TRAVEL
84535 – ALCOHOL
84540 – FOREIGN TRAVEL
84550 – RECRUITMENT TRAVEL
84560 – CONFERENCE FEES
84565 – STUDENT TRAVEL
84570 – PROF DEV TRAVEL
Examples of changes we are seeking to make:
1. Add an account for Mileage (Note – this has already been created as 84501 and is currently available for use.)
2. Delete the accounts for Foreign Travel (84540), Recruitment Travel (84550), Student Travel (84565) and Professional Development Travel (84570). These accounts are not an appropriate use of Account codes. For example, some airfare is charged to “Student Travel”. This practice compromises the University’s ability to report on funds spent on airfare. In order to preserve the reporting from both perspectives, we propose to create additional account codes such as:
lodging – student
Please note – the University is now required to report Foreign activity on its annual tax return. To that extent, please be sure to always use the Foreign travel account codes when applicable.
Please email Valerie Nye at firstname.lastname@example.org with your comments and suggestions.
2. PCARD TRAINING AVAILABLE IN OCTOBER
PCard training/help will be available on October 23rd and 25th from 10:30am-11:30am at Albritton, Room 107 (QAC). Email email@example.com to register.
3. PURCHASING NEWS
Please see the attached purchasing news for important information on WB Mason, Dupli, Enterprise and an upcoming Vendor Show in November.
The new stationery website has been fully implemented and Mike Fowler has provided two successful training sessions. Attached is a user guide on how to obtain a receipt for the p-card purchases on line. Mike’s phone number is 617 913-5301 or you may reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dupli’s website may be accessed via a link from Wesleyan’s Purchasing website http://www.wesleyan.edu/finance/financeDept/purchase/index.html.
First time users should complete the attached Excel form and email it back to Olga Bookas at email@example.com as soon as possible. This will allow you to have access to Dupli’s ordering system.
At the next Administrative Assistants meeting on October 24th, Mike Fowler (Dupli) and Mark Almeida (Ricoh) will have a quick presentation.
4. INN AT MIDDLETOWN RESERVATIONS
Please note that reservations for the Inn at Middletown can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The previous email address of email@example.com is no longer active. Please adjust your records.
SUBMISSIONS FOR FINANCE MONTHLY What topics would you like to see included in this monthly communication? Do you have a system tip you’d like to share? Finance Monthly will be e-mailed on a monthly basis. Items for inclusion are due five business days before the end of each month and can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org