1. International SOS
2. Purchasing News
3. Contact Emails – Reminder
4. Budget Reminder
5. Purchase Orders
1. INTERNATIONAL SOS
The University now has a contract with International SOS, a medical and travel security services company, which covers not only Wesleyan students, but staff and faculty traveling abroad for university business/scholarly research as well. Most significantly, International SOS will guarantee emergency medical funds upfront (Cigna only provides later reimbursement). The company also offers advice & assistance for situations such as loss of medication or travel documents while abroad, and arrangements for family visitation in the case of medical emergencies overseas.
The University’s membership number can be obtained by calling Sherri Condon, at x2437.
2. PURCHASING NEWS
See attached Purchasing News, which includes topics covering common issues with Ricoh Copiers, the W.B. Mason Grounds to Grow On program and the Purchasing & Procurement Website Update.
3. CONTACT EMAILS – Reminder
This is a reminder to please use the following emails depending on the specific situation. Use of these emails will ensure that your request is addressed in the most efficient manner.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Peoplesoft security-related requests for WFS including, but not limited to, adding smartkeys, adding new users, adding new panels etc.
- email@example.com – WFS questions and issues such as a panels or features not working as expected. This can also be used for deleting smartdocs, budget overrides or requests related to workflow.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – any finance related questions that are not related to WFS such as policies, budgets etc.
- email@example.com – PCard requests such as limit increases, opening or closing cards etc.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Questions related to payroll.
In addition, use of Service Now, the ITS support system, should be used for ITS issues, browser issues etc. Please do not submit Service Now tickets to request Peoplesoft security.
4. BUDGET REMINDERS
It is not too early to be looking at financial reports and reviewing the status of your budget. Assuming consistent spending throughout the year, budgets should be about 25% expended.
5. PURCHASE ORDERS
Please check to see if there are still funds encumbered, that need to be unencumbered, when requesting to have a Purchase Order closed. A Purchase Order that has been fully exhausted (i.e. no funds are encumbered) cannot be closed.