1. WFS Best Practice – Sign out vs. X out
2. Navigate Newsletter – Non Resident Alien (NRA) Federal Income Tax withholding
3. Accounts Payable – Special Deadlines for Martin Luther King
4. Purchasing News – Ikon Copiers
5. Purchasing Card – Download Dates
6. Who to Contact?
1. WFS BEST PRACTICE
In order to achieve maximum efficiency with WFS please be sure to sign out of your session if it will not be used for a long period of time. Currently WFS will automatically log you out after 60 minutes of no use. However, if you know you will be away from the system, such as at a meeting, please sign out. Signing off the system should be done using the “Sign out” link in the upper right corner and NOT using the X. The X can be used to close multiple sessions of WFS but when you get to the last open session be sure to officially “Sign out”.
2. NAVIGATE – Non Resident Alien (NRA) Federal Income Tax withholding
The IRS has begun to enforce the long-standing withholding and reporting obligations of organizations who make payments to foreign nationals and non resident aliens for federal tax purposes. Please visit http://www.wesleyan.edu/finance/financeDept/foreignTax/Navigate.html for additional information.
3. ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
There will be no Accounts Payable check run on January 7th.
The first check run for 2011 will be on Friday, January 14th for vouchers received in the Accounts Payable inbox by Friday, January 7th at 4:00pm.
On Monday, January 17th, the University will observe the Martin Luther King Holiday. All Accounts Payable Vouchers which must be paid on Friday, January 21st, must be received in the Accounts Payable inbox no later than Friday, January 14th at 4:00pm. Payment requests received beyond this deadline will be processed for payment on January 28th.
Wesleyan’s net 30 payment terms determines when a payment is made. This is 30 days from the invoice date that you put in the voucher. If a payment needs to be made prior to the 30 days, please follow these instructions when completing a voucher.
In the Instruction for AP field type DD (For Due Date) followed by the six digit date that the check is needed by.
**Important-Please make sure that this is typed before any other information in this field since our AP inbox only picks up the first 15 characters of this field.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in adhering to our processing schedule. Please contact Tamara Harley at extension #2843 or Janet Gyurits at extension #2842 with any questions.
4. PURCHASING NEWS
By now, every department has received their new copier. Ikon might have sent in error old toner instead of the new toner for the new copiers. Ikon will pick up all of the old toners and replace them with the appropriate toner for your copiers. They apologize for any inconvenience.
Tanya Sweeney can be reached at TMSweeney@ikon.com for additional training on the new copiers. Please email her your request and she will do her best to accommodate your needs.
5. PURCHASING CARD
Importand PCard dates are as follows:
|STATEMENT MONTH||BILLING CYCLE||DOWNLOAD DATE||RECONCILIATION DUE|
Vouchers are automatically budget checked during the download process. If you edit Smartkeys/Accounts you will need to Budget Check again. You still need to go in, attach receipts, document business purpose and submit for approval by the deadlines.
- Please reallocate all Pcard transactions prior to submitting your Pcard voucher
- If a SmartKey needs to be changed prior to Finance Approval, contact pending approver to coordinate voucher edit.
- Journal vouchers related to a Pcard voucher should not be processed unless the Pcard voucher has been fully approved by the Finance Office.
WHEN RECONCILING YOUR VOUCHER
- Please do not edit your PCard Invoice Number.
- Be sure to attach an itemized receipt/invoice to your voucher
- Include a University business purpose for all charges on your voucher.
OTHER PCARD REMINDERS:
- Accessing your PCard Voucher in WFS – to access your PCard voucher, search on Invoice ID by entering cardholder’s email username. Note, if you did not have activity during the billing cycle, no voucher is created in WFS and no submission is required.
- Credit Limit – credit limits refresh at midnight on the 20th of each month. If the 20th falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, credit limit refreshes at midnight of the previous business day.
- Business Purpose Requirement – all PCard charges require a description of business purpose.
- Receipt Requirement – all PCard charges require an itemized receipt, unless otherwise indicated by the University’s Travel and Other Expense Policy. For audit purposes, if missing a receipt, please indicate “NR” in the description field of your PCard voucher and provide a detailed business description for the charge. Per PCard policy, “Any charge not supported by a receipt is subject to personal reimbursement by the cardholder. Consistent missing receipts will result in the suspension of cardholder privileges or permanent cancellation of the card.”
- Cash Advances – if available, cardholders should use the cash advance feature on their card for minimal out of pocket travel expenses. Travelers must include an itemized summary of expenses, including supporting documentation, for the full amount of all cash advances taken. Any unused funds must be deposited back to the cardholder’s default SmartKey/Account 82450.
- No Splitting transactions – splitting transactions to avoid the single transaction limit is prohibited per Pcard Policy. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request changes in your monthly and/or single transaction limit. CC your credit card supervisor and Fiscal Manager. Permanent credit limit increases require an active email request from your Fiscal Manager.
All Pcard vouchers are due 30 days after each billing period end date. Past due reconciliations may result in suspension of cardholder privileges and/or permanent cancellation of your card.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.
For immediate assistance with your JPMorgan Purchasing Card, call the 24 hour Customer Service number on the back of your card (800)316-6056 or (847)488-3748 outside the U.S.
6. WHO TO CONTACT
Please save these sites as favorites for quick answers to questions you might have.
Finance Office Website http://www.wesleyan.edu/finance/financeDept/
Finance Monthly Blog http://financemonthly.blogs.wesleyn.edu
New Financial System Blog http://wfs.blogs.wesleyan.edu/
Contact Information http://www.wesleyan.edu/finance/misc/contactInformation/
General Finance firstname.lastname@example.org
WFS Help email@example.com
Accounts Payable firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBMISSIONS FOR FINANCE MONTHLY
What topics would you like to see included in this monthly communication? Do you have a system tip you’d like to share? Finance Monthly will be e-mailed on a monthly basis. Items for inclusion are due five business days before the end of each month and can be submitted to email@example.com