**Special Edition Newsletter for Year End Reminders****
1. Year End – It’s two weeks away!
2. Interdepartmental Charges
3. Year End Seminar
4. Finance Calendar
5. Financial Planning Office – Franklin Huynh
6. Purchasing News – Ricoh Copiers and WB Mason
1.YEAR END – It’s two weeks away! Some important reminders:
- Workflow – Check your approval inbox daily and act on all documents. Be sure to set a proxy if you are out of the office. Monitor the status of unprocessed documents. All budget errors (red lines) need to be fixed by June 29 for vouchers and June 30 for journal entries.
- Payroll Redistributions – June 12 was the last day to request payroll redistributions for May activity. The last day for June payroll redistributions is July 10 at 12:00 noon.
- Are you getting a budget error with a prepaid voucher? Email Susan Pavis at firstname.lastname@example.org with the voucher ID and she will take care of it.
- PCard – June 9 was a special PCard download for charges incurred through June 6. Please attach receipts and submit those vouchers as soon as possible. The next download is scheduled for June 23 for activity through June 20 and the final fiscal 2015 Pcard download is scheduled for July 2 for activity through June 30.
- Purchase Orders (PO) – Please review open purchase orders. Any unused or remaining encumbrances must be closed out by June 30, 2015 (except for grant funds 501 and 502 and project funds 710 and 730). Keep this deadline in mind when creating new PO’s as they will not be available in the next fiscal year. Please contact email@example.com to close a PO. The default date for new Purchase Orders will change to fiscal 2016 on Friday, June 26.
- Accruals – If work is being performed or goods are received prior to June 30 and you have not yet been billed, please request accelerated billing from the vendor so that you can process the payment in the current fiscal year. The more billing and invoice processing we do now, the less accruals we will need (more to come on accruals after June 30).
The year-end schedule is available here as well as on the Finance website. Thank you for all of your efforts in getting expenses in the appropriate fiscal year.
2. INTERDEPARTMENTAL CHARGES
All interdepartmental chargebacks (including transactions processed via a WFS Interface) need to be processed, and budget errors cleared, by June 30. If you are experiencing a budget error please contact the department and ask them to either provide a new smartkey or add budget to the existing smartkey. The following are exceptions to this timeline and will by processed by July 15:
- Payroll for 6/29 – 6/30
- Pcard charges for 6/21 – 6/30
- June International Calling charges
- June FEDEX CHARGES.
Please let me know if you have interdepartmental chargebacks that will not meet this deadline. Unless there is a specific exception, departments cannot be charged in fiscal 2016 for an activity or service that happened in fiscal 2015.
3. YEAR END SEMINAR
A final year end seminar is scheduled for Wednesday, June 24, 10:00 in Usdan 110. This session is intended to be more of an informal, question and answer session and not necessarily to go through the year end presentation. Please bring questions and specific examples of year end issues you may be facing.
4. FINANCE CALENDAR
Have you subscribed to the Finance Calendar in Outlook yet? It is a handy new tool to help you keep track of the myriad of dates and deadlines associated with year end. We also intend to use it throughout the year as reminders of Finance related dates so we hope you check it out. Instructions for subscribing can be found here.
5. FINANCIAL PLANNING OFFICE – Franklin Huynh
Franklin Huynh, Senior Budget Analyst in the Financial Planning Office, last day at Wesleyan is Wednesday, June 24. Please send all budget questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. PURCHASING NEWS – Ricoh Copiers and WB Mason
Ricoh Copiers Replacement
The Procurement Office along with ITS have worked with Ricoh on the next copier fleet upgrade. The copier upgrade installation will be starting late June and early July. Mark Almeida, Bob Moreland and our ITS staff have finalized a plan for an easy implementation. If you have any questions, please contact Olga Bookas at email@example.com.
WB Mason Recycled 30% Paper
The Procurement Office is pleased to announce that WB Mason now has their own 30% recycled paper called Flagship Recycled. The part number is WBM20030 and is available for purchase as of June 15, 2015. The price is $31.79; this change will be saving the University $2.76 per carton. When ordering other 30% recycled papers your order will automatically switch to the WB brand. The paper has been tested and works better than or just a well as the Boise paper we have been using. At this time WB Mason only has 30% recycled paper available, if you are ordering 50% or 100% please continue to utilize the paper you currently purchase.