1. CTW OneSource
The Purchasing Office is currently holding training sessions on Wesleyan’s new Purchasing Portal CTW OneSource. Find a training session here and be on the lookout for quick training videos soon to be available in the “links” section to OneSource. In addition, please feel free to email Olga Bookas (email@example.com) or Valerie Nye (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like a more personalized group presentation at departmental staff meetings.
Benefits of this purchasing portal include:
• Integration with WFS – purchase orders are generated, budget is encumbered and payment is made automatically. No voucher maintenance is necessary!
• Efficient and effective approvals – Approval is given prior to the purchase being made and eliminates duplicate approval of both purchase orders and vouchers.
• Reduces PCard reconciliation – the purchase doesn’t hit the pcard at all.
• Fast ordering from major vendors
• Automatic invoice payment upon receipt of the goods – as soon as you tell us the item you expected to receive was received, the invoice is out of your hands.
We currently have three categories of suppliers affiliated with the system:
1) Available – Suppliers that are currently available for purchases – Airgas, Amazon, Dupli, Fisher Scientific, Grainger, WB Mason
2) Pending – Suppliers available but looking for someone to place the initial order before releasing it to everyone – Bio-Rad Laboratories, Medline, Carolina Biological, Graybar, SHI International. If you have an order to place with any of these Vendors please contact Olga Bookas (email@example.com) to open it up for the first purchase in OneSource.
3) Anticipated – Suppliers anticipated to be added in this first phase: B&H Photo, Beckman-Coulter, CDW, FW Webb, Home Depot, VWR
Please note, if you received a paper invoice for any order that is placed via CTW OneSource please do not pay it and contact Crystal Flores in Accounts Payable. You should not receive paper invoices for these orders.
Any questions on CTW OneSource can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. AMAZON BUSINESS
In conjunction with the CTW OneSource system described above, the University has opened a central Amazon Business account available for all departments to use. This means that departments no longer have to pay for individual Amazon Prime accounts. Please use OneSource for purchases from Amazon.
There may be some categories of items, such as office supplies, where a message will appear indicating that this is a restricted item. Our preferred office supply vendor is WB Mason. If you are finding it cheaper elsewhere, please let Julie Bunce know at email@example.com and give her the opportunity to price match. If you absolutely need to purchase the item through Amazon you can still continue through the process. The message is just a notification. It does not stop the purchase.
3. PAYROLL REMINDERS
Student Employment – Departments are required to verify if students completed an I-9 which is mandatory prior to hiring the student. You can verify if the I-9 was completed via Student Time Entry panels in Peoplesoft. Click on this link to view how to access Student Time Entry and what you will see. This process will allow hiring managers/departments to verify this information prior to hiring a student to work.
If the student does not have an I-9 they are not eligible to work and should not be allowed to do so. Have the students follow up with the Payroll office and make sure to mention they need original documents to complete the I-9. Students are not eligible to work if this paperwork is not complete as it puts the University at risk for non-compliance.
Our office is located at 291 Main Street, 3rd floor or they can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct Deposit is our method of payment and mandatory for incoming employees. Existing employees that do not have direct deposit should consider direct deposit to eliminate delays due to postal delivery that we are not able to control.
Contact Payroll@wesleyan.edu for all payroll related inquiries.
4. PAYMENT PROCESSING FOR FOREIGN VISITORS
The following is a reminder related to payment processing for foreign visitors. This is not in response to any specific issues in this area, but simply a reference, as activity is increased during the fall and spring semesters.
The University will only make payments to eligible individuals upon receiving proof of such eligibility. To that end, it is extremely important to notify Finance, Christine Rodrigue, x3502, prior to requesting and/or accepting the services of a foreign person or business. Please see NRA Visitor Payment Checklist.